Notes on testing F18 in an EFI environment

I've been testing the F18 TCx and SmokeNN builds in a VirtualBox EFI
environment.  For anyone interested here are some notes on getting it
working.

1)  Use only a SATA controller for both the virtual optical and storage
    drives.  The default for a new guest is to make the optical drive
    on an IDE controller, and it will time out and fail

2)  Edit the GRUB parameters to include video=efifb and use inst.usefbx
    so that anaconda will work in graphical mode

3)  The installed system won't take to the FB X server by itself, I had
    to mangle a xorg.conf file to bring up an 800x600 fbdev instance and
    then let firstboot run on a reboot

4)  Install the GuestAdditions vboxvideo driver asap so that X will
    come up without intervention. You will need to install dkms for
    building GuestAdditions.

5)  After updating to updates-testing, the update process does not
    grok the EFI setup and you get dropped into the EFI shell.  Exit
    and go to Boot Maintenance to boot from file and find the
    <EFI>....fedora/  .efi boot and grub will recover.

I need to file a BZ for the update EFI incompatibility but have not
quite figured out which component to file against yet.

--
G.Wolfe Woodbury
redwolfe@xxxxxxxxx (proventesters)