Re: Notes on testing F18 in an EFI environment

On Wed, 2012-11-14 at 13:53 -0600, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:
> > I need to file a BZ for the update EFI incompatibility but have not
> > quite figured out which component to file against yet.
>
> Bare in mind that VBox EFI is not fully functional. I just loaded F17
> (install ISO, not live) on a brand-new UEFI-only motherboard with full
> graphical anaconda. I did not have to manually adjust or configure any*
> part of Fedora and the system booted fine once installed.
>
> * I did have to format the new SSD to GPT before installing as anaconda
> wanted MBR.

anaconda will use the existing partition label format unless you direct
it to reformat the entire drive, in which case it'll use the preferred
format for the install you're doing. It's not possible to re-label a
drive without reformatting it. So if the drive was already MS-DOS
labelled and you picked partitioning options that didn't involve
reformatting the whole thing, that'd be expected.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey