Re: criterion discussion: memory test tool

On Thu, 2012-11-08 at 05:52 -0500, Kamil Paral wrote:
> > Worth considering the history: Petr proposed the general idea of a
> > criterion as part of the criteria review, and I drafted the final
> > wording. See thread "New criterion for Memory test" from end of
> > January.
>
> Thanks for finding that thread. We have to find a way how to link
> criteria with list discussions, so that it would be much easier to
> read all relevant discussion to a particular criterion. Putting that
> into my todo list (page 937).

I usually mention the thread when editing the criteria page (but of
course you have to find the release it was originally put in), and the
way I found this one was just to search my mail archives for anything
with the strings 'mem' and 'criter' in the subject :)

> The thread indicates the criterion was created ad-hoc, "the tool is
> there, let's codify it". Since we try to be more conservative about
> what is and what is not a blocker lately, I think this is a good
> candidate for removal.

Yeah, I think you have a point, as I said.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey