Re: f18 vm inside f17 updated host needs tablet

On Thu Nov 8 03:36:55 UTC 2012 Adam Williamson wrote:
> IIRC the use of a tablet was actually *added* in recent releases because
> it makes the pointer tracking more accurate and avoids the double-cursor
> effect.

I remembered my opinion due to a past thread in spice-devel mailing
list last year.
Specifically, after a quick search:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/spice-devel/2011-October/005669.html

when Arnon said:
"
Before the following, remove the "-usb -device usb-tablet,id=input0"
from qemu line and run it again with the xp guest. There is no need for
it when using the agent.
"

That thread was specific with a Windows XP guest but at that time I
understood that with recent virt-manager and spice (as F17 and F18
are) the tablet was not required overall if you used the agent... and
I noticed that by default my f18 guest has spice-vdagent package
installed and service configured at boot
SO the question is if my assumption is correct...

Also this other thread in this mailing list let me consider not to use
a tablet...

 http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2011-December/104731.html

But with fedora 18 guest I have no mouse at all in this case...
I'm going to try with latest updates and debug more if considered useful
Thanks,

Gianluca