Re: Please test fpaste + fedora sticky notes instance

On Tue, 23 Oct 2012 08:48:21 -0400
Josh Boyer <jwboyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Maybe I missed this somewhere, but why is fpaste being replaced to
> begin with?  It's been working fine for a really long time.  I guess
> I don't see the benefit of replacing it with something that doesn't
> actually replace it.

Well, a variety of reasons:

- It actually doesn't work fine. ;) From time to time it's prone to
  rejecting new pastes with a "Sorry, you broke our server". This
  confuses especially new folks.

- fpaste.org is not controlled at all my fedora infrastructure. The
  folks who do run it would like to get our of the business of doing
  so.

- We tried to clean up and package and use the existing code on
  fpaste.org, but it's got lots of issues and in the end it was decided
  it wasn't very maintainable, so sticky notes was picked from the
  active pastebin servers out there.

By all means do provide feedback on it while it's in staging
especially. We would like it to work well...

kevin