Re: Partitioning criteria revision proposal

On 10/11/2012 11:24 AM, Kamil Paral wrote:
Am I interpreting this correctly to mean that a beta can go out
without
support for software RAID and/or LVM, as long as they are not
offered in
the Anaconda interface?  If so, uugh.
Well, that's a complex question. =)

As far as the release criteria would be concerned, yes. My thinking
is
that it's ultimately not exactly QA's decision what filesystem /
device
types anaconda ought to offer, which is sort of what we'd be doing by
specifying particular types in the criteria, and it gets a bit
unwieldy
to specify every type we reckon is important or isn't.

So in theory, sure, anaconda could drop RAID out of the interface and
the proposed criterion would be satisfied. But that decision could be
challenged _on its own merits_ rather than via the blocker process.
I have the same opinion. QA shouldn't dictate technical decisions (e.g. RAID support included or not). Our purpose is to check that offered functionality works correctly. Of course some third-party, like FESCo, can decide that some functionality is essential for Fedora and then it makes sense to include it into release criteria. But it should not be a QA (only) decision.

Agreed As do I

JBG