Re: The future of how to debug pages

On 09/24/2012 08:25 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 19:29:39 +0000
"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A while back I started the initiative and writing how to debug pages
for QA Community to use and was about to write another when I noticed
when there has been put a big fat banner referring to upstream wiki
page on it.

So my question here should we continue with this initiative which was
aimed at better documentation in the project and to improve general
reporting or should we simply drop the effort?

JBG

1. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_debug_Systemd_problems
I think if upstream projects want to provide information on this, that
should be preferred. In cases where they don't for whatever reason, I
think a page on our wiki is fine.

The problem will end up being knowing where to go... perhaps we could
make a single page on the wiki about debugging and point to the various
upstream or local debugging pages?

The general idea was to increase activity within the QA community and improve reporting at the same time without having them running around the whole internet while doings so.

If the community prefers to run to various upstreams for this info we can just as well stop reporting to Red Hat's bugzilla and report directly upstream instead. ( something I have been very much against in the past for the very same reasons )

JBG