Re: Release criterion proposal: upgrade methods

On 09/24/2012 07:54 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 12:34:34PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
"It must be possible to successfully complete an upgrade from a fully
updated installation of the previous stable Fedora release with the
'minimal' package set or the package set for a release-blocking desktop,
using any officially recommended upgrade mechanism. The upgraded system
must meet all release criteria."
+1

Is it worth leaving an out for corner cases? What about situations like "oh,
we don't support a separate /usr anymore"? What level of (possibly-crazy)
customization is allowed between the initial installation + updates and
upgrading?

None we only support package selection that we have *pre* selected for the user to choose from in the software spoke ( which should be the same as what we hand out in the form of live media at various events thus we kill two birds with one criteria ;) ).

I'm not sure how far back that release wise that support is suppose to go as in do we support ( or should support since package selection might differ between release ) F15 --> F18 ( GA + 1 unsupported release ) or F16 --> F18 ( Between GA releases ) or only F17 --> F18 ( latest GA release )

JBG