Re: Release criterion proposal: upgrade methods

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 12:34:34PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> "It must be possible to successfully complete an upgrade from a fully
> updated installation of the previous stable Fedora release with the
> 'minimal' package set or the package set for a release-blocking desktop,
> using any officially recommended upgrade mechanism. The upgraded system
> must meet all release criteria."

+1

Is it worth leaving an out for corner cases? What about situations like "oh,
we don't support a separate /usr anymore"? What level of (possibly-crazy)
customization is allowed between the initial installation + updates and
upgrading?

--
Matthew Miller  ☁☁☁  Fedora Cloud Architect  ☁☁☁  <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>