Re: Release criterion proposal: upgrade methods

On 09/24/2012 05:20 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
is extremely vague and really gave no one in the project (this affects
all groups, really, not just QA) an understanding that things like 'no
more root password by default' and 'completely different upgrade system'
were coming. Some of that information might have been buried somewhere
inhttps://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/UX_Redesign  , but I'd really
expect the feature page to be more detailed and organized, I don't think
regular Fedorans should be expected to dig into the background
documentation for any given feature to understand broadly what it
involves.

It's easy to point fingers, but I think FESCo might want to take a
lesson from this newUI process for future releases and that lesson
should be that major disruptive features should have_much_  better and
more definite feature pages.

I would be happy to have a single finger point me to the discussion that took place when that decision was made.

The main problem I have is that we weren't even included in the discussion so we could not even properly prepare for it to be officially supported.

Today it matters less since we are a bit better prepare I just hope that they have gather some input from the front line ( #fedora ) on how the upgrade process has been turning out for people, What have been the major issue people have had etc. to take into account when developing the new upgrade process that is as you have pointed extremely vague and to be honest I'm a bit vary of given Anconda's rough start this development cycle to me this news is coming as a bit of surprise.

JBG