Re: Intel Graphics: SNA testing report with xorg-x11-drv-intel >= 2.20

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 5:27 PM, Adam Jackson <ajax@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-08-23 at 15:40 +0100, Pedro Francisco wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 6:59 PM, Pedro Francisco
>> <pedrogfrancisco@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > I'm testing SNA on an Intel Graphics card (...)
>>
>> Does anyone here who is using Gnome fallback has lack of screen
>> refreshing (using Intel SNA)?
>>
>> Context: on Skype chat window, I start typing, and frequently whatever
>> you type isn't painted. Moving the window forces the refresh and the
>> text is effectively there.
>
> I don't have any near-term plans to work on SNA, certainly not until
> upstream is confident enough in it to make it the default.  If it works
> for you, great; it breaks, you and upstream get to decide what to do
> with the pieces.

Fair enough. Anyway besides that error which I reported, everything
works smooth with SNA, probably better than with UXA (though Phoronix
benchmarks say it isn't by much that performance improves, so it may
be wishful thinking, specially with older hardware like 965GM).