When I send my profile using smolt it makes a blank page on the website which contains the template for results. If I want to edit it I use smolt on my system to generate a key which I input into that page. This allows me to edit it and makes sure that only the person with that installation can edit it.
We can do something similar for testing. For each boot a page can be created automatically  and the person who is testing is allowed to edit it. To avoid duplicate entries we can allow a person to link all those authentication keys or pages with his fedora account.
Is this viable?

On Aug 23, 2012 11:07 AM, "Adam Williamson" <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2012-08-22 19:18, Arnav Kalra wrote:
Maybe you can try making a simple SQL database in which people post
their results. It should have different tables for different test
days. This would allow you to easily sort the data and would not be
very difficult to implement.

The advertisement part is easy to do but I think your main problem is
collection of data and making that data easily accessible to users.

It...really isn't that simple, unfortunately. I wrote an overview a few days back on devel@, so I'll just link to that:

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2012-July/170437.html

The 'edit your results into a wiki table' approach certainly isn't the perfect answer to managing test day results, but making it better is a more complex problem than it might appear. In practice, I don't think it's something that's a massive dampener on people's willingness to participate in test days, though we don't really have any evidence either way on that, so it all comes down to gut feeling...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey