Re: "Safely Remove Drive" command gone in F17?

On 05/18/2012 04:19 PM, Samuel Sieb wrote:
I'm really wondering what you are testing with...
I am testing with F17 with all updates from updates-testing applied (just updated a few minutes ago to make sure).
F17 live:
There is only one menu entry, "eject".  When clicked, the icon is gone from nautilus and the led on the flash drive is off.
This is not what I see. For me, "Eject"ing the USB drive in Nautilus does not cause the icon to disappear and does not cause the LED to turn off.

I just tested again after the aforementioned update and a restart, and I continue to see this behavior.

There is nothing in dmesg output, /var/log/messages or ~/.xession-errors to suggest that there is something going wrong which would explain why I might be seeing behavior different from what you are seeing. I even did "package-cleanup --orphans" to check if there were any old RPMs installed which might explain the difference behavior, but I found none.

I wish it behaved for me like it behaves for you. :-/

  jik