Re: running speakup on f17 beta

On Sat, 5 May 2012, T.C. Hollingsworth wrote:

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 8:46 AM, Hussain Kadhem <hussainmkj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I want to get speakup working on the Fedora 17 beta installation I'm
running. IIRC, speakup is now packaged with the mainline linux kernel.
However, it doesn't seem to be present -- running modprobe
speakup_soft fails, nothing shows up with 'locate speakup', and it
isn't in /lib/modules. Any help would be appreciated.

It's in the staging tree, which means it's on its way to being
included in the mainline kernel but hasn't quite made it yet.  If you
have RPMFusion enabled, you can get the staging drivers by installing
the 'kmod-staging' package.

     Hi,

Speakup isn't in that package. After receiving Josh's reply, I wrote to the last person to update the changelog in kmod-staging. I'm hoping for better luck there. Thanks for pointing us to the staging package. I had no idea that it existed.

--
          Bill in Denver