running speakup on f17 beta

I want to get speakup working on the Fedora 17 beta installation I'm
running. IIRC, speakup is now packaged with the mainline linux kernel.
However, it doesn't seem to be present -- running modprobe
speakup_soft fails, nothing shows up with 'locate speakup', and it
isn't in /lib/modules. Any help would be appreciated.