Re: Nomodeset in grub

On 5/15/12 3:53 AM, A.J. Werkman wrote:

I freshly installed F17-TC5, changed gfxpayload to text and added
nomodeset to the boot options. Then I rebuild the grub config-file with
grub2-mkconfig.

Indeed I now have a 80*25 text screen on the console when I boot.

In /sys/class/drm I do see symlinks though.

You ought to see some symlinks. You should see (approximately) one card%d and one controlD%d for every video card you have installed; in addition, if you've not disabled modesetting, you should also see symlinks for each output.

From your comment I conclude, that I more or less wrongly use
nomodeset. Can you tell me what the 'official' way is, to reach my goal?

I'm sorry, I don't believe know what your goal is. All you've said so far is that you used to do this thing, and that now it doesn't work the way it used to. I don't think I caught _why_ you were doing that thing.

- ajax