Re: It must be said: the photo import app in F17 is the most intrusive annoying piece of sw I've seen

Fernando Cassia wrote:
That´s why I think other options should be offered, like ¨open folder¨ or ¨do
nothing¨.

Look in System Settings->Removable Media. There are a bunch of settings there that might help you. In F16, I tried to set the photo option to just open with files, but it didn't seem to actually work. I ended up just turning off the checkbox on the bottom for no auto handling, which works just fine for me.