Re: It must be said: the photo import app in F17 is the most intrusive annoying piece of sw I've seen

On Mon, 2012-04-16 at 11:27 -0300, Fernando Cassia wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 11:23, Matej Cepl <mcepl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>         Please, if you are not willing to file bugs, what you are
>         doing here?
>
>         Matěj
>
> Who said I wasn' t?. Just posted it here to try see if others shared
> my view or maybe there was some trick to make it behave differently.

I think it only pops up on media that GNOME considers to be 'photo
media'.

I'm not sure the heuristics here aren't out of date, though. I think
anything with a DCIM directory, basically, gets treated as if all it had
on it was photos - but these days just about any SD card that's ever
been connected to a phone will have a DCIM directory...I don't know what
the answer is, but I think 'assume anything that has pictures on it is
exclusively to do with pictures and just open up Shotwell when it's
plugged in' is not really good enough.

desktop@ would probably be the list for this, though.
--
Adam Williamson