New BugZapper Introduction

Hi all,

Just wanted to drop a quick note to introduce myself as a triage noob. I've been using fedora as my primary OS for a couple years now but have been using linux for about ten years and Unixes like Solaris & IRIX since the early 90s.

In my day job I'm a consulting software engineer, most recently at IBM and before that at Sun. I usually work with C, C++ and more recently, python.

I've never been really involved with any opensource projects so I thought what better place to try to give back to the community than by trying to help out the one that I rely on every day.

I hope to have a better idea of how to get started after I finish reading the "Tools and Procedures" docs, but I'm sure I'll have questions and need a little guidance. To all the veterans out there- feel free to offer any advice, pointers or warnings to run away while I still can :)

Best regards,
pk

e:   korsnick@xxxxxxxxx
irc: neverlift