Re: F16 : bash paint and paste gone?

On Wednesday 19 of October 2011 19:08:58 sean darcy wrote:
> On F16 with xfce (left gnome because it's too strange):
>
> I can't just paint text with a mouse and the paste it with a
> click of the scroll wheel. I have to rt-click copy and
> rt-click paste.
>
> Is this a feature gone with F16, or is this a gnome-ism that
> doesn't exist in xfce?

for sure it isn't "gnome-ism" as that works (well, used to work)
in all X apps (via X11 Primary Selection feature), and also on
text console if you had mouse support via gpm

you mention bash in the subject and then xfce ... so in fact it
stopped working for you in "Terminal", the XFCE terminal
application (http://www.xfce.org/projects/terminal)?

could you try if that works for you in other applications?

- if yes, check your Terminal config and eventually file bug
(look for one already existing) for Terminal

- if not ... I'd suggest trying other environment (i.e. GNOME,
KDE, plain X with just xterm ...), then checking your mouse
mapping with xinput ...

K.

--
Karel Volný