Re: F16 Update Kernels fail to boot

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 18:44:39 -0400
Tom H wrote:

> > No love here either! Still only the original kernel from the RC5 DVD boots.
>
> How does the "original kernel" boot without a biosboot partition?!

I just got my f16 system to boot OK with the latest kernel
update, but I am installing grub in the same partition
with f16 and chainloading it from a "master grub" with a list of
different fedoras in different partitions.

I've had to do grub2-install --force /dev/sda2 a couple of times
now from a chrooted shell to make it boot (I have no idea
why the first one stopped booting and I had to do it again), but
the kernel does boot OK for me (in fact a kernel walkback that
zipped past in the original kernel seems to be gone in the
latest update, so it may even be working better).