Re: How is the upstream SELinux refpolicy tied into Fedora?

On 31/03/2023 17:41, Petr Lautrbach wrote:
David Sommerseth <dazo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

[...snip...]
But for OpenVPN 3 Linux I do have an additional policy for a few of the
D-Bus services as well.  Would it make sense to just keep them in the
openvpn3-linux project, or should I try to get them to some more
widespread SELinux reference policies?

I'd suggest to keep them in the project and use

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SELinux/IndependentPolicy

I've added Vit who's expert in ^^

Thanks a lot!

I believe the policy we currently ship via Fedora Copr is in a
reasonable state.  It has also been somewhat reviewed by some of the
SELinux/refpolicy maintainers and I've implemented proposed changes.

<https://github.com/OpenVPN/openvpn3-linux/tree/master/src/selinux>

The openvpn3.te policy is what I will suggest to fedora-selinux, as that
may be useful for other projects as well.

The openvpn3_service.{fc,if,te} policy is OpenVPN
3 Linux specific.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth