Re: How is the upstream SELinux refpolicy tied into Fedora?

On 31/03/2023 16:36, Neal Gompa wrote:
On Fri, Mar 31, 2023 at 9:58 AM David Sommerseth <dazo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I had an upstream SELinux pull-request merged in autumn 2020 [1].  But I
still don't see this SELinux boolean flag (renamed [2] to
"dbus_pass_tuntap_fd") present in Fedora 38.  So I wonder how the
SELinux refpolicy is consumed into Fedora's SELinux policies ... when
can I expect to see this in Fedora and RHEL SELinux policies?

[1]
<https://github.com/SELinuxProject/refpolicy/commit/79c7859a4807236693c734421642d5aacff0a9e2>
[2]
<https://github.com/SELinuxProject/refpolicy/commit/ba3818ebcc3a627bc331c61acf2df13d223452ea>

It's not consumed by Fedora or openSUSE at all. Fedora and openSUSE
follow this instead: https://github.com/fedora-selinux/selinux-policy

As far as I know, there has been no reconciliation between the two
happening anytime in the recent past and it's unlikely to happen
anytime soon.
Maybe not the right place to ask ... but what is the purpose and goal of the SELinux refpolicy project if several of the larger Linux distributions doesn't pay attention to it?

I kinda would expect that lots of the SELinux policy details in Fedora would be pretty much the same challenges in other distributions as well.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth
OpenVPN Inc