Re: [HEADS UP] libselinux golang bindings will be dropped from Rawhide

On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 05:06:02PM +0200, Zygmunt Krynicki wrote:

> As it's too early to tell which way we'll go with SELinux and golang I
> think it's okay to drop this. Once we start to make some progress into
> making any policy work in snapd we'll either revive this or use a
> maintained package.

According to selinux.go [1] the initial motivation for this
implementation was to add selinux support to docker but this is
maintained by opencontainers now.

Because there are python and ruby bindings in libselinux already, it
would make sense to have also golang bindings if there's any demand.
However, the current implementation needs to be updated and reviewed
before it can be proposed upstream. But I'm not familiar with GO.

So for now, I moved golang bindings to golang-bindings branch [2]
and I will drop it from master branch. It will not be part of the next
libselinux-devel build in Rawhide.

[1] https://github.com/fedora-selinux/selinux/blob/golang-bindings/libselinux/golang/selinux.go
[2] https://github.com/fedora-selinux/selinux/tree/golang-bindings

Petr