pre-labeling a file system for embedded device

Hi,

As a disclaimer, I am very new to SELinux policy development.

My team and I are responsible for software architecture on an embedded (red hat) system.  We pre-build the file system and save it to a squashfs that is then burned to the device.  The result of this is that the system is, for the most part, read-only.

The problem is that we would like to start using SElinux, but we do not know if there is a way we can pre-label the files before saving them to the squashfs.  We cannot label them at runtime as the file system is read only.

Does any one know if there is a way to pre-label an embedded linux file system from a development computer that does not have the same SElinux policies as the embedded platform?

Thank you,
Nathan Owen