Re: [HEADS UP] libselinux golang bindings will be dropped from Rawhide

On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 5:49 AM, Petr Lautrbach <plautrba@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> libselinux golang bindings [1] haven't been touched since 2014, have
> never been upstreamed, nothing requires/uses them in Fedora and since
> there's another SELinux golang bindings maintained by opencontainers [2]
> I'm going to drop them from Fedora Rawhide.
>

> [1] https://github.com/fedora-selinux/selinux/tree/master/libselinux/golang
> [2] https://github.com/opencontainers/selinux

Why not merge that implementation into libselinux itself and make that
available?

For what it's worth, Zygmunt (CC'd to this email) has been working on
adding SELinux support to snapd, which necessitates using Go bindings
for libselinux. It'd be great if there was an officially supported set
of Go bindings that can be leveraged and enhanced as needed.