Re: Cannot find rpm

Lukas Vrabec wrote:
> On 05/16/2016 03:39 PM, m.roth@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>>     We're working on several new CentOS 7 systems, moving users from
>> CentOS 6. Now, the users have had some *sigh* custom stuff, like their
>> own version of Perl (please do *not* ask, and I would *love* to get
>> them off it, but....)
>>
>>    Anyway, in the directory it's in, I did a semanage fcontext -e
>> /usr/bin, and now I'm seeing errors in the log of selinux complaining
>> it can't find the rpm (because there's not one for this).
>>
>>    What's the correct way to deal with this - different labelling, a
>> local policy, or ?

*Speaking* of could not find rpm... we're required to use, for some
websites, CA's SiteMinder. Now, I could go off on a rant about how CA,
that's the megacompany, Computer Associates) are utterly clueless and
incompetent... no, I *will* have a short rant: the damn stuff is a
tarball, *not* a package, *and* it knows nothing whatever about selinux,
so forget having a CA-provided SiteMinder selinux policy... anyway, that
stuff is installed in /opt, and with no policy... do I have to do what I
was doing before, with special local policies on the machines it runs on,
to make setroubleshoot stop complaining it can't find the .rpm, or...?

            mark