Re: dbus/wine and selinux problems

dragoran wrote:
Daniel J Walsh wrote:
dragoran wrote:
Hello
I am working on a opengl wrapper that displays some data on hud in games. It uses dbus in a thread to get the data. The wrapper is loaded using LD_PRELOAD. The problem is when a game is started using wine (a windows game) dbus does not work because selinux is blocking it.
setenforce 0 fixes it but isn't a solution.
so how can I allow wine_exec_t to connect to dbus?

What AVC messages are you seeing?

none I only get a error from dbus thats saying that a selinux policy prevents the connection.
audit.log has nothing (no auditd running)
/var/log/messages has nothing to.
You might want to chcon -t unconfined_execmem_t wine

Since wine, mono, java unconfined_execmem_t are all basically the same policy.

ok will try this but whats the point in having seperate polices for them if they are the same?

Exactly. We need to consolidate, them until they differentiate.