Re: Packaging Clang plugins (need rpm-macros-clang / rpm-macros-llvm packages?)

On Tue, May 04, 2021 at 05:03:22PM +0200, Dan Čermák wrote:
> Eugene Syromiatnikov <esyr@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > On Mon, May 03, 2021 at 11:48:19PM +0200, Dan Čermák wrote:
> >> You can query the rpm database during the rpm build, e.g. via:
> >>
> >> Requires: clang = %(rpm -q --qf '%%{version}' clang)
> >>
> >> Calling rpm from within rpm used to be frowned upon, because it can lead
> >> to really nasty issues if the "inner" rpm is a different than the outer
> >> one.
> >
> > I wonder why the rpmquery functionality can't be implemented in the
> > embedded Lua interpreter.
>
> But why this complexity, when Panu himself confirmed (iirc) that it's
> safe to call rpm from rpmbuild with mock's bootstrap mode turned on?

To be independent of whims of the environment and query exactly the RPM
binary that processes the spec?  And, honestly, I don't see a lua function
call be any more complex than executing a shell and passing it a command.