Re: Fedora Update Policy

Hello, Brad.

On Sunday, 28 February 2021 at 15:38, Brad Bell wrote:
> On 2/24/21 6:53 AM, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
[...]
> > You should also make the Provides: here
> > https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/cppad/blob/rawhide/f/cppad.spec#_40
> > archful (i.e. add %{?_isa}) as the subpackage.
> > You could simplify things by dropping the -devel subpackage and adding
> > Provides: %{name}-devel%{?_isa} = %{version}-%{release}
> > to the main package instead. Remember to add appropriate Obsoletes:
> > then, too.
>
> Would you please point me to an example spec file that uses %(?_isa)
> in its Provides section.  In addition, an example that uses Provides
> for %{name}-devel would be helpful.

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/mpg123/blob/rawhide/f/mpg123.spec#_82
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/mpg123/blob/rawhide/f/mpg123.spec#_92

[...]
> > Finally, why aren't you using the %setup macro in %prep?
>
> When I try to add the line `%setup -q` directly after the line `%prep`
> (in the specfile above) I get errors. Here is what happens when I try `fedpkg lint`:
>
>    cppad>fedpkg lint
>    error: line 162: %package debuginfo
>    : package cppad-debuginfo already exists
>    error: query of specfile /home/bradbell/fedora/cppad/cppad.spec failed, can't parse
>
>    Could not execute lint: Could not get n-v-r-e from /home/bradbell/fedora/cppad/cppad.spec

You can start by removing %debug_package from line 69. Why did you put
it there? It's the first time I've ever seen it used in a spec file.

Regards,
Dominik
--
Fedora   https://getfedora.org  |  RPM Fusion  http://rpmfusion.org