Re: How to pass runtime argument on RPM installation?

On Saturday, 27 June 2020 at 17:16, Mohankumar S wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a customized rpm which will be shared by different applications,
> when I do a rpm install , I want to pass the app userid and groupid at
> install time so that directories /files installed by rpm will be owned by
> the app ids which I pass .
>
> The idea is to make it work on a single shot both installation and
> permissions applying.
>
> Note : we have different ids owned by different applications
>
> Any suggestions on this will be helpful.

Why do you think you need the files installed by the RPM package be
owned by an arbitrary UID configurable at install time? You'd have to
describe your particular use case in more details, but I think it's
enough to have the files deployed via RPM owned by root and
world-readable and create any UID-specific files at runtime.

What you described so far doesn't sound like a job for RPM.

Regards,
Dominik
--
Fedora   https://getfedora.org  |  RPM Fusion  http://rpmfusion.org