Re: Package tests?

On 09. 06. 20 21:49, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
Hi.
On my system:
   du -ch  /usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/*/tests/
   18 MB in total

I did not see anything in Guidelines about packaging tests. Do we really need them in final package?

It depends on the package, but in majority of the cases, we don't.

Are there any
objection to propose in Guidelines something like:

%exclude %{python3_sitelib}/YOUR-MODULE/tests

I am all in to say the tests SHOULD NOT be packaged (assuming the package works without them) and SHOULD either be removed or packaged into a -tests subpackage.

However, somebody might argue %exclude is not the bast tool for the job:

https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/issues/994#issuecomment-576577179

Side note: rpmlint upstream wants to warn about exactly this:

https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpmlint/pull/430

--
Miro Hrončok