Re: Are there packaging guidelines for bash-completion scripts?

On 11/29/19 2:58 PM, Neal Gompa wrote:
On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 4:56 PM Orion Poplawski <orion@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 11/27/19 3:39 AM, Brian (bex) Exelbierd wrote:

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 11:35 AM Richard W.M. Jones <rjones@xxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:rjones@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

     I have several projects that include bash-completions, and am trying
     to get a new one through package review.  The reviewer has raised a
     question about whether the package should own:

     %dir %{_datadir}/bash-completion/completions

     My existing projects have basically cargo-culted the bash-completion
     packaging, so I thought I would see if there are official guidelines,
     but I'm not finding anything.  Do we have guidelines?

I’m not aware of any guidelines. In pass e we had a similar problem
which we solved by having the main pass package own the directory.
Perhaps bash should own the competitions directory?

Regards,

bex

I've filed:

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/bash-completion/pull-request/4

to create a bash-completion-filesystem package to own the directories.

Could we move /etc/bash_completion.d/ from filesystem to
bash-completion-filesystem then and make it a core installed package?

I've moved that as well in the PR. I think it's up to someone else to make it a core installed package.

--
Orion Poplawski
Manager of NWRA Technical Systems          720-772-5637