Are there packaging guidelines for bash-completion scripts?

I have several projects that include bash-completions, and am trying
to get a new one through package review.  The reviewer has raised a
question about whether the package should own:

%dir %{_datadir}/bash-completion/completions

My existing projects have basically cargo-culted the bash-completion
packaging, so I thought I would see if there are official guidelines,
but I'm not finding anything.  Do we have guidelines?

Rich.