Re: libfoo.$major requirements/guidelines

BJM> How can you replace libfoo-1.00 with libfoo-2.0.0 when some
BJM> software has not updated to libfoo-2.0.0's ABI breaking changes
BJM> yet?

Create a libfoo1 package, have it include the necessary library files
(and perhaps a -devel subpackage if you wish for things to compile
against it) and update the base libfoo package to the new version.

We do this all the time.  Some packages utilize an older naming scheme
involving a "compat-" prefix but that shouldn't be used these days.

 - J<