Re: Fixing wrong Bootstrapping part in Guidelines

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 5:02 AM Vít Ondruch <vondruch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dne 11.5.2017 v 23:03 Tomasz Kłoczko napsal(a):
> > On 9 May 2017 at 09:29, Jun Aruga <jaruga@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> %{!?_with_bootstrap: %global bootstrap 1}
> >> ```
> >>
> >> At least below proposal is better than current situation.
> >>
> >> ```
> >> %{?_with_bootstrap: %global bootstrap 1}
> >> ```
> > Guys really try to learn how to use %bcond. It does not hurt.
> > You can invent infinite combinations of implementing equivalents o
> > %bconds and it it will be still only nothing more than other NIH
> > consequence.
>
> Please understand that there is no way how to use %bcond in Koji (to my
> knowledge), while there are ways to set the %boostrap macro.

There are no ways to set arbitrary macros in Koji at this time. There
is some work to set per-tag macros:
https://pagure.io/koji/pull-request/898

But the per-tag macros are not per-build, as you seem to want.

That said, if you want to set a macro to trigger a bcond, you can just
do the following:

macros.bootstrap:
%_with_bootstrap 1

The above triggers the "%bcond_with bootstrap" evaluation to true,
which enables the bootstrap build. I do this all the time for internal
builds with other bconds with my OBS instance for the third-party
packages I maintain.

This logic is present in /usr/lib/rpm/macros if you'd like to verify
it yourself.