Re: [Fedora-packaging]Re: Fixing wrong Bootstrapping part in Guidelines

VO> It depends how strictly you read the guidelines.

Only if you're trying to play lawyer.  The meaning is clear as is, and
this new thing does conflict with it.

VO> I still think you should lift the ban (this would make things
VO> easier) or at least give an exception (this would make things more
VO> confusing).

There is insufficient support for lifting the ban.  At this point I'm
not going to invest any additional time into making that change.

An exception would certainly be needed if FPC wishes to endorse the
current method and doesn't wish to have the contradiction in the
guidelines.

(One interesting question is what happens when you have multiple tildes
in a single Version: tag.  If you can't then that leads to some question
about whether it's smart to simply add it blindly as the new method does.)

 - J<