Re: [Fedora-packaging]Re: Fixing wrong Bootstrapping part in Guidelines

Hi,

%dist macro started to include bootstrapping logic in it.

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/fedora-release/blob/1eec2677c462781642229c22a76196bbac195bb1/f/fedora-release.spec#_353
> %%dist                %%{?distprefix}.fc%{dist_version}%%{?with_bootstrap:~bootstrap}

That means we have to change our guideline document for bootstrapping
again, right?
Below is not enough to enable bootstrapping in %dist macro.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Bootstrapping
> %{?_with_bootstrap: %global bootstrap 1}
> %if ! 0%{?bootstrap}
> %endif

Possible solution is to define 2 lines for that. (I do not like it)

+%{?_with_bootstrap: %global bootstrap 1}
+%{?_with_bootstrap: %global with_bootstrap 1}

Or use %bcond_with, %bcond_without?
https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/blob/master/macros.in#L139-L140

@ignatenkobrain do you have a recommendation for that?

Jun

On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 11:10 AM, Jun Aruga <jaruga@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Finally the modification was updated to the official document.
> Thank you for your cooperation, guys.
>
> https://pagure.io/packaging-committee/issue/684
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Bootstrapping
>
>> So, if YOU like this proposal, please comment in below page of the ticket or reply here.
>> It is helpful for us to move this huge rock. I really want to fix it.
>
>> "I like it." comment please.
>> => https://pagure.io/packaging-committee/issue/684
>>

>> Thank you for your help.
>
> Jun

Jun Aruga jaruga@xxxxxxxxxx
IRC: jaruga, Office: TPB(Technology Park Brno) Building C 1F, Brno,
Czech Republic