Re: Proposed Fedora packaging guideline: More Go packaging

Hi Jason,

> > "nm" == nicolas mailhot wrote:
> Jason L Tibbitts wrote:
> > nm> And the forge macros are now available since
> > nm> redhat-rpm-config-73-1.fc28 (I had missed the push due to
> > upstream
> > nm> renaming the file). Heartfelt thanks to Jason Tibbitts !
> > Please don't forget to let me know when it's time to start thinking
> > about pushing this down to F27.  And maybe F26.  And as far as I can
> > tell it should work with only minor modification in EPEL7 (via
> > epel-rpm-macros).
>
> I don't know about EPEL6, but we use it as-is in EL7 and it works just
> as well (except maybe for the %autosetup bits but IIRC that's
> autosetup which is broken in EL7).
>
> It's a good idea to let people play with it in fedora-devel maybe a
> month, in case I missed something, but from a technical POW I'm prety
> sure it could be merged up to EL7 now.

Now that the appropriate observation time has passed, and people have
not find new problems (in fact they found scenarii that worked I had not
thought about) can you please merge

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/redhat-rpm-config/pull-request/18

and push it to stable?

The Go macros need it and Fedora Go maintainers now want to fork
forgemeta if redhat-rpm-config does not make forgemeta available in the
Fedora stable versions they target, which would all make a huge mess. I
guess it's been too successful ;).

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot