Re: Dealing with .gitattributes and export-ignore for test suites on GitHub

On 10/01/2017 09:47 PM, Miro Hrončok wrote:
> I wonder: what is the upstream motivation to do this?

What I read somewhere, and it kinda makes sense in the world ruled by
dependency managers, is that the reason for doing this is to strip out
anything that is not needed @ runtime, to reduce size and "clutter" in
the vendor directory of depending applications or libraries.

It is assumed that the test suite will only be used by developers who
will then use a proper git clone to get the code and software packagers
don't exist :)

Cheers,
François