Re: Dealing with .gitattributes and export-ignore for test suites on GitHub

On 30.9.2017 18:09, François Kooman wrote:
Hi,

I'm packaging a PHP library [1] that is hosted on GitHub and has a
.gitattributes file that uses export-ignore to not make the test suite
directory part of the archive.

I wonder: what is the upstream motivation to do this?

As I want to run the unit tests in %check
during package build, this is a bit of a problem. I see two approaches:

1. ask upstream to remove test suite directory from .gitattributes
(probably won't work);
2. git clone the source and make my own archive after throwing away
.gitattributes

Maybe there is a better way I don't know about yet :-)

Thanks,
François

[1] https://github.com/paragonie/sodium_compat

Miro Hrončok