Re: Packages approved without satisfied dependencies

Dne 12.11.2013 13:42, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski napsal(a):
On Tuesday, 12 November 2013 at 12:54, Vít Ondruch wrote:
Hi,

I see more often then I would like that some packages get pushed
into Fedora and immediately appears among broken dependencies, since
they were pushed into Fedora sooner then their dependencies.

So I propose to add one additional bullet into reviewer guidelines [1]:

"Package has to have satisfied all its dependencies prior it is approved."

Hopefully somebody will notice next time during review ....
*Sigh* it's another case of something so obvious that nobody thought
it needed to be spelled out before, but apparently it's necessary now,
so +1.

Regards,
Dominik

Better would be if it is technically impossible, but I have no idea how to achieve that :/ Actually, the script which creates the dist-git repo could check the .spec file and availability in Fedora and deny to create repo without satisfied dependencies, but it seems to be a bit overkill.

Vít