Re: [Proposal] Packaging guidelines/spec per version

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 04:57:32PM +0100, V??t Ondruch wrote:

> <flame>
> Actually, it is quite normal that governing body comes with rule
> proposal and people then decide if that is feasible for them. Not
> sure how it comes that for packaging it should be opposite.
> </flame>

Don't have time to participate in long discussion here either but -- FPC's
role is 80% judicial and only 20% legislative... ie: we mainly evaluate
things that exist to determine whether they make sense for Fedora.  The
legislative end is mostly where we change an existing guideline (or draft)
to make it more sensible for Fedora.  Once in a while one of us has the time
to dive deeper into making new guidelines from whole cloth but then the rest
of the FPC evaluates the new guideline in that same judicial manner.

-Toshio