Re: gnome-shell-extension[s]

On Wed, 2011-06-15 at 21:30 +0000, Robert 'Bob' Jensen wrote:
> I have seen some of the GNOME Shell extensions in the repos with the
> names gnome-shell-extensions and others with gnome-shell-extension. A
> naming standard should be established, I would suggest that each
> package contains a single extension, so the name sans "s" would be most
> correct. In the future if a meta package was created to be calling
> multiple extensions then "extensions" would be more correct.

I agree. As far as i can tell, this is already true for themes. So
extensions should follow the same pattern.

But, what about nagios plugins? Each single package is named
nagios-plugins-* while the package holds only one plugin, with the
exception of nagios-plugins.{arch} and nagios-plugins-all.{arch}

regards,

LÃon