Re: Volonteering to own orphaned Java packages JLex and JDom

GH> You have to submit a new package review to get sponsorship when all
GH> you're doing is picking up an orphan?

Actually there is no specific rule.  Sponsors are free to sponsor
whomever they wish, but of course they will all want to see familiarity
with the packaging guidelines.  I believe the Java community has at
least one sponsor who could help in this situation.

GH> Why not just ask for informal package reviews like new people who
GH> want to bring in new packages usually do?

Well, do keep in mind that informal reviews are only part of the
process.  The actual submitted package is part of the procedure as
well.  Without a submitted package, it's far more difficult to get a
feel for how someone will actually handle packaging.

 - J<