Re: Volonteering to own orphaned Java packages JLex and JDom

On 04/22/2010 04:08 PM, Edmon Begoli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Packages JLex and JDom have been recently orphaned and I am volunteering to
> be a new owner of these.
>
> I am a new as a packager, so I would need to be approved and sponsored
> as a packager
> and to be a new owner of these for Fedora 14+.
>
> I am already Fedora contributor, and I am member of other projects and
> CVS groups,
> but I do not have CVS packaging privileges yet.
>
> I am experienced software developer with 14 years in Java and 15 years
> on RedHat Linux.
> I am a member of the research staff at Oak Ridge National Lab
> (http://computing.ornl.gov),
> and PhD student in Computer Science at UTK (http://utk.edu).
>
> My FAS account is: ebegoli I have account on fedorapeople and my keys
> are up to date.
>
> Please approve me, if that is appropriate, as the new owner of JLex
> and JDom packages.
>
> Thank you,
> Edmon
> --

See:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join

You'll need to submit a package for review, etc.

Once your review is submitted, you could email the -devel list or this
list, explain the situation, and you may find someone willing to work
with you in this process.

Thanks and best of luck,

-J