Re: one big SRPM for lots of different stardict dictionaries?

On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 09:33:00AM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> The plan of the packager afaics seems to be to get all the current and
> future dictionaries for other languages into this one just-reviewed and
> approved package stardict-dic (SRPM currently 84 MByte in size afaics),
> from with multiple sub-packages get build (currently:
> stardict-dic-{en,ja,ru,zh_CN,zh_TW} ).

One valid worry of a submitter for such a case might be that he's
afraid of having to redo all the review mechanics for every such small
subpackage addition.

Maybe we should allow template reviews, e.g. the submitter lists 5
packages that are almost identical but the explicit locale definition
and get's a blanket-like approval granted of any further packages he
will copy off this template. When new languages make it to the stack
he simply adds a CVS request for another package pointing to the
template approval.

The same model could apply to font collections, themes etc.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net