Re: Re: Package forking

On 11/21/06, Rex Dieter <rdieter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Christopher Stone wrote:

> Using bugzilla for discussion is not the way to go?

bugzilla is for *bugs*, not discussion (imo anyway).

> Wow.  This is mind boggling.  Just how do you expect me to start a
> discussion?  Is there a ATrpms mailing list or something?

Yes there is, several:
the latter may be the best place to start.

I still don't see how this would be a better place than bugzilla.  If
you want to discuss why someone is forking a package, you have to do
it on a per-package basis.  Having a single thread on a mailing list
discussing 100+ different packages is impractical and indeed starting
100 different threads on a mailing list is also impractical.