Re: Re: Fedora Packaging Member forking Fedora/Causing problems with community and users

On 11/20/06, Rex Dieter <rdieter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Christopher Stone wrote:

> On 10/18/06, Tom 'spot' Callaway <tcallawa@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I even think it would be more productive to highlight the FC or
>> FE packages that atrpms is providing overrides for, and start a
>> discussion around why these packages exist, and if there exists the
>> possibility to merge the changes into the FC or FE package and retire
>> the atrpms packages. I'm sure that Axel would welcome that discussion,
>> as less packages means less work for him. :)
>
> I have filed over one-hundred bugs a month ago, and while some Fedora
> users made an effort to try and reduce the conflicts, Axel has not
> made a single response to a single bug report.

spot's suggestion was to start a (constructive) dialog regarding this issue.
IMO, mass-filing formletter-type bugs is certainly no way to go about that,
and I'm not a bit surprised by Axel's (non)response.

Using bugzilla for discussion is not the way to go?

Wow.  This is mind boggling.  Just how do you expect me to start a
discussion?  Is there a ATrpms mailing list or something?  Even if
there was a mailing list, why would bugzilla be less appropriate?  I
am totally dumbfounded...