Re: Re: Re: libtool(.la) archive policy proposal

Alexandre Oliva wrote:

I'm not arguing against the "no static lib" policy, and I'm not
arguing against removing .la files.  I'm only arguing against patching
libtool in ways that have negative consequences for other OSes,
because this would affect Fedora users that develop on Fedora and
expect the libtool in it to deliver them portability to other OSes.

Ah, and you must've missed that I qualified the use of ignoring dependancy_libs only on platforms that *can* (ie, linux) and not using it in the case of static linking. (:

-- Rex